Sad -

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looked at your albums, be proud of the accomplishment on that project...if I did something like that my pictures would be labeled "before, before, before, before" because I wouldn't have the motivation to begin in the first place...!!! I'm sorry your employment situation has been so grim and admire your determination to get back on your feet...we here at LMF are rooting for you !!!:smile:

Thanks! I appreciate it.

This project is practice for when I get to my Simplicity. I'll post a pic or 2 in awhile. It was fun, and look forward to doing it again. The JD was practice for this! :laughing: My RX75 is going to really need TLC. The fiberglass is busted. I have the pieces, but I haven't done fiberglass repair in awhile.:ashamed:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
But I think there were LOTS of them, so there should be more than a few still around for parts... :smile:KennyV

Too true.

But, every one I've run across thus far are in the condition of the 'before' pic. No decks. They were stamped from thin-gauge sheetmetal, that tended to last about 3 years before turning to dust......

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Too true.

But, every one I've run across thus far are in the condition of the 'before' pic. No decks. They were stamped from thin-gauge sheetmetal, that tended to last about 3 years before turning to dust......

THREE YEARS...hard to believe, used to be most of the older stuff like mowers was so overbuilt and made of heavy gage metals, unlike today's machines that get lighter and thinner gage all the time. Have you ever checked Ebay for parts?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
THREE YEARS...hard to believe, used to be most of the older stuff like mowers was so overbuilt and made of heavy gage metals, unlike today's machines that get lighter and thinner gage all the time. Have you ever checked Ebay for parts?

Dunno your age, but remember when Dynamark and their ilk had the reputation for making everything cheap? Thats why you had to mortgage a Wheel Horse, but a Dynamark could be had with a week or two's pay. The Wheel Horse is still going.......but the Dyna? Decks made of foil. Their claim to fame.

Thus the lament........

Ebay's a no go, last time I looked.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just uploaded 4 more pics in a new album.

- Simplicity is a before w/ no after (yet)

- Snapper is an after w/ no before

- R72 is B&A :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dunno your age, but remember when Dynamark and their ilk had the reputation for making everything cheap? Thats why you had to mortgage a Wheel Horse, but a Dynamark could be had with a week or two's pay. The Wheel Horse is still going.......but the Dyna? Decks made of foil. Their claim to fame.

Thus the lament........

Ebay's a no go, last time I looked.

If you look at my pic elsewhere in the front porch (thread does anybody else want to post their pic here) you would know I am an old fart, will hit the big 60 this summer. Don't remember much about the older models of lawn tractors and riders but wish now I had purchased a bunch of them when they were really cheap...but I already have enough junk already.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just uploaded 4 more pics in a new album.

- Simplicity is a before w/ no after (yet)

- Snapper is an after w/ no before

- R72 is B&A :smile:

Snapper looks great, makes me think of a commercial grade model...the Simplicity is really original looking, gonna be a job to restore that but it looks complete.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Snapper looks great, makes me think of a commercial grade model...the Simplicity is really original looking, gonna be a job to restore that but it looks complete.

Thanks. It took me all weekend to disassemble, paint, and reassemble it! Runs like a top, mows like a deere.

Only diff between commercial and non grade is the commercial came with a different engine, and had steel hubbed front wheels.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
That RER is truly a JD, too.

Each footboard is independent, and mounted on rubber stand-offs. The seat is a memory-foam like thing. I was able to score a brand new NOS seat for it. It's not on it because, again, it's really a before and mid, not a true B&A.

I had to beat the frame back into shape with a 5lb maul! There's more work in that B&A than in all the craftsman ones! Don't show, though!