S21ZSNA, 680530

sp6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking at buying model SN1ZSNA and a 680530 for 150 for both. They are both in good condition haven't ran in a couple years. Was told they both have good compression just need to get them running. Just gonna check for spart if that's ok maybe they just need carb cleaned. Just wanting some input on these models and if the price sounds ok.

viperv10

Threads
I think if they are in good shape and do run good $150 is not a bad price. If I remember right these two mowers are almost like twins. They both have F engines and self-propelled.
I enjoy keeping older Lawn Boys going. Parts are getting more expensive and a little harder to find but there are still a lot of parts out there. I think they are from the eighties and should
have a lot of life left in them. Good luck.
Regards
Jerry

sp6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your response. If they do run I will pick them up. I have always used a lawn boy to cut my grass, just nothing with a f. I use a old 10201 I bought new in 1994. I have read that the f are a better engine. I am looking forward to the f. Just starting to getting in the lawn boy mower collecting

viperv10

Threads
It is good to see someone else interested in the old 2 strokes. A lot of people either love lawn boys or they hate them. I know several people that needed a push mower and I offered to give them
a lawn boy and they were not interested because they had to mix the oil and the gas. I believe your mower is what they called the V engine and they were sold at the big box stores. I had a couple
of those with the steel decks. I remember they were pretty loud and they must have had a lot of compression because they pulled pretty hard to start them.
Welcome to the forum. I have learned a lot from the guys on here.
Regards
Jerry

sp6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought that v series at Sears in 1994. I have replaced the coil 3 times the gas tank once, and have worked on the carb every once in awhile. I like the two cycles and enjoy working on them. I might have 3 more by the end of this week.