RZT50 (KAW FH661V) blown main seal - Possible replacement engine?

ksquared

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / RZT50 (KAW FH661V) blown main seal - Possible replacement engine?
I have 1.2 acre yard and was mowing last night with my older RZT50 (2009 I think) with the Kawasaki FH661V 22.0 hp 675 cc. I got the side yarn done and half of the front before I felt it chugging and a screeching noise. I took off my ear muffs and earbuds and shut it down. There was smoke coming from the engine, I immediately checked the oil and steam rolled out of the dipstick and there was nothing. I then started mowing with the push mower for the next 4 hours - Arrgh. Upon looking further I had left tracks of oil drips all along the way since starting the mower. The problem, I believe is a blown main lower seal. I was able to get it restarted 4 hours later and limped back to the shed to get it put away on 1 cylinder and a hidious noise. I have my sons graduation party in a couple of weeks and don't really have time to spend fixing, but don't want to just go out and buy a 3K new machine either. And I really don't really want to spend 4 hours every few days push mowing.

I am looking to see if there are any direct replacement engines that would work with as much of drop in and go as I can. I've searched for the FH661V, but can't seem to find any new engines. I can tear apart that older engine later and if the bearing hasn't spun repair and resell, but I need something I can do pretty quickly. Any ideas are welcome - upgrades, direct replacements, slightly modifications?

Thanks for the help!

biggertv

Threads
Just Replaced my Kamasaki Twin with a Briggs 21hp Single. Even the Electric Plugged Right in, wiring was Correct and Identical.. Fuel Must Be above 1/4 tank or you will need a Pump. If you need a Pump, use a cheap 12v electric, wire to Fuel Solonoid or get a valve cover with hole for pulse Pump. Bolt On. Plug In!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
the original thread was from 2019. He probably has his lawn mowed by now. :)