running problems

bigfuzzy

Threads
I have briggs & stratton 21 horsepower 385700 series engine that dumps gas on the plugs killing them. sometimes they will sut up. seams to happen when govenor kicks in. it will do it some times when you start the blades.
seams also to happen when it hot. last sat. it killed the sparkplug in the l/h cylinder, when i changed
out the spark plug it ran fine until i started up the blades then it killed the r/h plug. this sat. it cut
without a problem. any ideas what my problem could be. it has been doing this for a couple of years.
sometimes when i change plugs & air cleaner it will be ok for a while.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have briggs & stratton 21 horsepower 385700 series engine that dumps gas on the plugs killing them. sometimes they will sut up. seams to happen when govenor kicks in. it will do it some times when you start the blades.
seams also to happen when it hot. last sat. it killed the sparkplug in the l/h cylinder, when i changed
out the spark plug it ran fine until i started up the blades then it killed the r/h plug. this sat. it cut
without a problem. any ideas what my problem could be. it has been doing this for a couple of years.
sometimes when i change plugs & air cleaner it will be ok for a while.

Just sent you a PM.

bigfuzzy

Threads
what are the valve settings?? & could the wrong setting cause?

bigfuzzy

Threads
ok, someone sent me the settings in another post. could this be causing the problem if the valve adjustmrnt was off??

Re: valve adjustment
0.05 intake 0.08 exhaust