rough running 1440

cubbrute1440

Threads
hi my 1440 cub cadet wont run unless on full choke. I cleaned the crbs and it ran a little better but still wont idol on low and sputters on high. it looks like there is an milky substance in the air box and help much appreciated.

craigo1208

Forum Newbie
Threads
If u have milky substance in airbox its oil. Usually indicates blown head gasket or to much oil in the block. If u have a ripped sump gasket it can spit oil through the breather into the airbox. Couple things it could be. Carbs dont run on oil it that could be ur sputtering. Choke gives more fuel less air and thats why its able to run.

cubbrute1440

Threads
but why would this all start from hitting a block of ice while plowing

craigo1208

Forum Newbie
Threads
It occurs overtime. If motor has been producing to much preesure over a while due to fuel in crankcase octane level to low in fuel from being to old. Carbon build up creates hotspots causes preignition. Or just plain it was time. Wore it out. Little difficult to diagnose over internet. Prob should have a dealer look at it. Im a dealer but im in california. My buisness number is 2098250200

cubbrute1440

Threads
well ill tear down the shrouds and take the heads off and figure it out. im not used t the cub cadets its my first one I always worked with the old 200 series deere. Once I figure out which cylinder has the bad head gasket or if neither are bad ill let you know.

cubbrute1440

Threads
ok so i checked the oil and there is no fuel in it and its not burning. it has great compression i cleaned the carb and it runs a little smoother but still spits oil.