Rookie mistake

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
When you install a float, be sure to reinstall the float pin. if not your carburetor will overfill and leak everywhere.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All three needs to a little more careful then. Haven'y smashed a finger in a year or two now. Of course the last was in the middle of the winter and hurt a lot. No brake cleaner but I did a dose of gasoline the other today. Boy that stuff tastes nasty. Last year it was a metal fragment to got pass my safety glasses and cost me a couple hundred to get it removed.

We all got to think about safety first all the time.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I bought a good pair of 3M safety glasses, and i put them by the shop door so everytime i go in, i'd remember to put them on... and we see how that has gone.
It's a bit annoying as sweat from my forehead would pool up and run down the sides of the glasses and into my eyes....

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a good pair of 3M safety glasses, and i put them by the shop door so everytime i go in, i'd remember to put them on... and we see how that has gone.
It's a bit annoying as sweat from my forehead would pool up and run down the sides of the glasses and into my eyes....
Yup, done the brake clean in the eyes. Last pair of glasses i got i also got a pair of perscription bifocal safety glasses. Probably the best $150 i have spent in a while. Of course i got out of the shower Saturday and twisted my back reaching for a towel and my lower back said it was time to drop to the floor in lightning bolt pain. Took me a while to be able to get. Been living on lidocaine patches and ibuprofen last couple of days. On the bright side back pain makes you not notice the tendonitis and arthritis.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Always looking on the bright side helps at times like this. It sorta like having a bad migraine headache and smashing your hand with a wrench. You forget about the headaches a little while until the new pain goes away.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, Me was still reeling from getting a shot of brake cleaner in the face, Myself was busy nursing a hammer busted finger, so it must have been I. :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday I was taking the bolts loose from the back of a badboy ztr. Trying to get the back cage off. It took like 1/2 a second for the nut to push the impact back into the PTO clutch. With my thumb in between the two.
For the next 30 minutes, trying to hold onto things was hard. And hurt like heck.
It really does take your mind off of things you need to be focused on.