Rogue hydrostatic system capacity?

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I have a 2021 Bad Boy Rogue. I just performed the 50 hour initial hydrostatic system fluid & filter change. Followed the instructions in the service manual... Removed the filters and breather cover to allow to drain fully, then install new filters and added fluid. Also did the air purge process.

Each side only took 1.5 quarts of 20W50 oil, though the service manual says "takes approx 2.5 quarts per side". The reservoirs are full and the oil level is to the top fitting of the sight tube on the reservoir. In total I added 3 quarts.

Anyone do this recently? How much did your Rogue take?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Unless you take the pumps apart and also drain the wheel motors you will not be able to do a complete oil change just the bulk of it. About 1/2 - 1 quart stays inside each pump body due the pumps being a bucket design.

Service manual usually refers to a dry system fluid volume.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking that might be the situation.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
The weird thing is that my dealer's technician didn't have any idea of the above and just said "run it for a while then you'll get the rest in there". And I e-mailed Bad Boy itself and they said the same thing. I believe what you're saying is accurate and these other folks are clueless.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I do personally know that the Hustler pumps which are the same style do have oil in them after draining the system as I had replace the main case o-ring last fall. When I opened up the unit I had remove quite a bit of oil.