right hand steering arm/steering does not work, only left side one, causing clockwise circles.

431Cathy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / right hand steering arm/steering does not work, only left side one, causing clockwise circles.
Hello All, as I am new to these forum things, please bear with me. Have a 2014 Toro SS5000 Timecutter(not at this point though). The right steering arm/steering doesn't work at all. It didn't start the other week and one of those little things that look like a car shock blew out. Those were easily replaceable and starts/runs like a champ.
I have searched the exploded view of the steering for that side, and have all parts which look like they are supposed to. The however the bad part in my opinion comes in as when I went to the back to adjust the springs on the arm that goes to the cogs on the axle and its cogged quarter moon shaped part, the right side was covered with greasy dust, the left side was dry as a bone with the cogs not meshed as they should be. I took care of that left side part so they meshed together correctly. I did adjust the right side nut to no avail, the right side still does nothing. The left and right side looseness of those quartermoon cogged pieces are different, the right side wiggles the left side is very tight. I took pics of both sides, and since there was such a greasy dusty covering I am going to think there was a leak on that right side somewhere, correct? Is there just a seal to replace or do I have to replace the whole thing? I am quite handy at repairs, and this so far has not been too much of a challenge, but now I am down to this.

Any suggestions? Thanks much!image000000.jpg

Last edited: