Riding mower lost spark? Help

Atomic13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a used Snapper 30" riding mower, model number M300919B. 9hp Briggs with manual start.

It was cutting fine, I lowered the deck down on a clump of grass and the mower stalled. Since doing that, the mower has no spark. Please help with any info.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guessing the blade is turning again?

Remove the kill wire off the magneto. Should run till the fuel tank is dry. If it runs then you have a safety switch or kill wire grounding out the mag, killing spark.

Take an old plug. Gap to 1/4" wide. Check for nice blue spark.

Atomic13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where is the kill wire on the mag. Not formilular with this engine. Thanks for the response. Blade does still spin. 9hp Briggs engine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is the kill wire on the mag. Not formilular with this engine. Thanks for the response. Blade does still spin. 9hp Briggs engine.
Only other wire besides the plug wire ON the mag.
1657373141639.png

Atomic13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just wanted to thank all for the help. I want to ad a conclusion to this problem. I discovered that there must have not been much spark the whole time and when it stalled from hitting the mound it must have finished the spark off. When I pulled the recoil cover, to check the mag wire, I found the magnet surface covered with rust. Sanded it and had full spark. Everything is running great now. Thanks for the info.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just wanted to thank all for the help. I want to ad a conclusion to this problem. I discovered that there must have not been much spark the whole time and when it stalled from hitting the mound it must have finished the spark off. When I pulled the recoil cover, to check the mag wire, I found the magnet surface covered with rust. Sanded it and had full spark. Everything is running great now. Thanks for the info.
Um okay. Rust has zero effect on magnetism. But hey, if you are cutting grass, it's all good.

Best you can do is sand/polish the coil mounting twin tabs and where the coil touches said mounts. Nice and clean to get a good coil ground. Gently snug the tiny screws. Business card or piece of junk mail for the gap size.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Forgot - another satisfied customer. ;)