Retrofitting newer deck with Older Troy-Bilt 33" walk behind

TTTony

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Retrofitting newer deck with Older Troy-Bilt 33" walk behind
I have an older Troy-Bilt 33" Walk behind mower with a rusty mower deck shell. The OEM part number is 1773587, but it is no longer available anywhere. I'm curious if anyone one this forum has ever attempted to replace their mower deck shell with a newer deck (687-02476-0691) or similar. I can see there are some differences but it would appear that this deck shell is 95% the same as the original. At a minimum, it looks like I would have to engineer something for the blade brake bracket since there appears to be a hole where there was originally a spindle.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. Mostly just curious if anyone has had any luck attempting this. I love this mower and don't want to give it up. 20 years old and still starts on the first pull! Thanks!

joehadams

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you end up retrofitting a deck? I am in the same situation and would like to figure out a replacement option.

Ellebycul

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you end up retrofitting a deck? I am in the same situation and would like to figure out a replacement option.
I’m in the same boat now too.