Export thread

Restoring first mower need help. late 1970's Snapper V21

M

mac fixx

Not my area of expertise but stumbled across a barely used late 1970s? vintage Snapper V21 pushmower destined for the junkpile. 3.5 Briggs (near perfect including original white paint and decals) and chrome handlebars (which cleaned up to like new wet sanding them with Coke and aluminum foil. Not self propelled. Only tag number on the mower itself (other than 2 warning stickers) show McDonough Power Equipment Model 398704 which I have had no luck crossing to anything (but don't know where to look either)

3 things I seek guidance with

1) Crossing the model number to determine the age of this machine
2) Was the grass catcher black or white and is there a source for a complete OEM bagger kit (or really good reproduction one) from that era AND/OR an era appropriate OEM side discharge deflector.
3) Source for the small white rubber/vinyl push on covers that slide over the wheel adjustment bars. Used or good reproduction is fine. 1 is missing.

Thank you for any help.

Mac

R

Rivets

Post the model, type and code numbers for the engine, located on the shroud about the spark plug. Original bag was white.

M

mac fixx

Thanks!

929C(?)8 0703 01 682109. .Pretty confident it is a C. Could be a G

R

Rivets

I’m pretty sure that the model number is 92908 0703 01 682109. Using those number the engine was built in 1968. Finding a wheel cover is going to be a little difficult. Might what to try this site. https://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/threads/1968-v21-the-first-of-the-v-series-snappers.52585/

M

mac fixx

Thank you so very much for the prompt help. Parts Tree, B&S, and other websites weren't much help.