Replacing upper drive belt but just shy of going on

Rich1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a 2004 Troy Bilt tuffy. The Model # is 13AN689G766. I am replacing upper driver belt but it I can't get the belt to go over both the tranaxel pulley and the variable speed pulley it's just a little shy (The old belt is a little shy as well now so I do have the right belt. What am I missing? There has to be a way to release tension to her the belt on but not seeing where to do this at. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gainestruk

Threads
Easiest way I've found is loosen but not take out the two bolts on each side of frame so you can move verydrive around a little, start at back and forward from there it's easier than trying to get on back last, once back is on set parking brake all the way down, a helper is good here to push on it, while you have everything off be sure and check all idler pulleys to make sure they are in good shape.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is the same model series that I am thinking about, I simply loosened the nut/bolt that held the double pulley on, and one could lean the assy. over enough to get the belt on.