Replacing the front tires on 13CC26JD011 (2015) with Tubeless

zimbrich

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replacing the front tires on 13CC26JD011 (2015) with Tubeless
I got a new set of 13x5.00-63 tires for my Troy-Bilt tractor. The new tires are marked "tubeless" but the old set had tubes. I have disassembled the tire and tube from the old rim.

Questions:
  1. Do I go back to Farm and Fleet and get the right innertube and reassemble as it originally was built?
  2. Do I install a new valve stem and go with the new tires as "tubeless"?
  3. If I go "tubeless, what is the right valve stem to put in the rim?
Troy-bilt diagram says it is a 634-04732 Wheel assembly but gives no individual part number for a tube or valve stem.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

gainestruk

Threads
I personally like to run with tubes, I have less issues with leaking over time.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Probably the tire were dry rotted and a tech installed tube to extend the life of the tire or at least that what I do until tires are to bad to use. Then I clean up the rims and install new tubeless tires and valve stems.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those small tires are a bear to work with, and worse dealing with tubes. I'd go tubeless, new valves. Clean that wheel rim really well and I like to smear glue on the beads to insure sealing. And I've also found that the current crop of Chinese tubes are trash, and not cheap either. Take a wheel down to the auto parts store and they'll have the correct valve stem. And put some glue on it too, makes it pull in easier.