Replacement Shredder Blades for 251K

Whizbang

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey,

I have an older (~1989) Hustler 251K with the Turbo Shredder feature that I love. It runs well and cuts well and does fantastic with leaves in the fall. Only issue I have is that the shredder blade hub is worn and has had ears that the blades bolt to re-welded a time or two and recently some welds broke and there is no salvaging the hub. I found the hub with little issue but I cannot find the crinkle cut fry looking blades anywhere. Three times now I think I have found them online then I place the order only to get an email a week later telling me I have been refunded because they are discontinued.

The PN for the blade kit according to the manual is 446708, I would love a full new set but if I could at least get 4 that would be awesome. Any ideas where to go or what to do?

-Whizbang

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would contact Excell Industries directly with your questions. They build the Hustler line of equipment. Have your model and serial numbers on hand when you call. This webpage has contact info. https://www.hustlerturf.com/contact

wrldtvlr

Threads
Note to self - must clear browser history after Google searching for Hustler.

Whizbang

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would contact Excell Industries directly with your questions. They build the Hustler line of equipment. Have your model and serial numbers on hand when you call. This webpage has contact info. https://www.hustlerturf.com/contact
I already called Hustler/Excel directly. They told me blades were discontinued several years ago with no replacement alternatives. Told me my best bet was to replace the mower or call dealers nationwide looking for new old stock :/

buckkoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
doubt you're still around, but if so hit me up. I'm in NC and have a running 251K, which would be great for parts!