Replacement carburetor for Ryobi 790R

seedman76

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve got a 15+yo Ryobi 790r string trimmer that needs a new carburetor. Serial # 211D1511727. Item # 41DD790A034. I ordered one off Amazon that fit a 790r but once I received it I could tell it wasn’t right so after some research I realized it was for a newer 790r. Using the item # above I looked up the part number as MTD-753-04229. I found that part on a couple small engine websites but they want $60-$70 for it. I can’t justify spending that on this old trimmer. I can’t find that part number on Amazon or EBay, likely due to age of the trimmer. Any suggestions on where to get one cheaper? Can it be cross-refenced? Thanks in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try getting the numbers off of the carb itself. Depending on brand of carb will dictate location of carb model numbers. Walbro will be located toward one corner of the cube WA 23 or something like that, and Zama will use a combination of molded number under one of the mounting screws and corner of the cube. So C1Q under the mounting screw and M23 in the corner for example.

seedman76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try getting the numbers off of the carb itself. Depending on brand of carb will dictate location of carb model numbers. Walbro will be located toward one corner of the cube WA 23 or something like that, and Zama will use a combination of molded number under one of the mounting screws and corner of the cube. So C1Q under the mounting screw and M23 in the corner for example.
@ILENGINE , thanks for the reply. The carb is a Zama. I see molded number P18A 27A on one corner of the cube. The 27A sits directly below P18A. I do not see anything under one of the mounting screws but am probably not looking in the right spot. I’ve got the carb removed…there’s 2 long screws that attach it to the trimmer itself. Do you mean under those? There’s also a plate with screws on each “side” of the carb, each with 2 screws and a rubber gasket/diaphragm. I have not removed those. Thanks for your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
C1Q-P18A supersedes to Z022-120-0601-A. Lists for $53. Dealer cost not posted. But you not going to find it listed on the Web under either of these PNs. You need to find a shop that has access to a Zama distributor. Even my distributor would have to order it from Zama as it is not a stock item in their wareshouse.

Uses the following kits.
GND-18 Gaskets and Diaphragms
Z000-001-K046-A Full Repair kit (superseded from RB-52)

Last edited: