Replace transmission drive belt on a Cub Cadet SLT1554

JBrooks407

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replace transmission drive belt on a Cub Cadet SLT1554
What are the steps to replace the transmission drive belt on a Cub Cadet Super LT1554? I know I will need to remove the mower deck... but then what?

JBrooks407

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the video link.... I feel a little more confident to try the repair now! Now its just a matter of doing it.... :>)

logan01

Threads
Yeah they can be a little bit of a pain and there's differences in how folks approach a common task. Just take your time, study your material and you should be just fine.

JBrooks407

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the video link.... I feel a little more confident to try the repair now! Now its just a matter of doing it.... :>)

Finished the replacement of the belt.... took a tad longer than expected because in order to remove the bolt on the clutch, you will need an impact wrench. Once I was able to get the bolt out, the replacement went exactly as the video portrayed. Thanks again for you help.

logan01

Threads
Finished the replacement of the belt.... took a tad longer than expected because in order to remove the bolt on the clutch, you will need an impact wrench. Once I was able to get the bolt out, the replacement went exactly as the video portrayed. Thanks again for you help.

Good deal. I was gonna mention an Impact might be needed but didn't know if you had one or not. Hate those drive belts. :smile:

JBrooks407

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was using a different word... but "pain" can be substituted. I used an air ratchet since I didn't have an impact gun... I tightened it first, and then removed it... It worked so I was a happy camper! Thanks again for the assistance.

logan01

Threads
I was using a different word... but "pain" can be substituted. I used an air ratchet since I didn't have an impact gun... I tightened it first, and then removed it... It worked so I was a happy camper! Thanks again for the assistance.
You bet. Hopefully the last time.:smile: