Repairman needed

mikehouse

Threads
Hey all.This has been a great feed for all.So to shorten this,i had already taken the cover off the s/p belt.With the lever engaged it was very harder to turn as i had changed the belt before.Starting the mower was no problem.Even tilted it and it ran fine until i pull the S/P lever.Then it screams and "grinds".So to end the suffering,i gave it away to some guy as was.The end.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey all.This has been a great feed for all.So to shorten this,i had already taken the cover off the s/p belt.With the lever engaged it was very harder to turn as i had changed the belt before.Starting the mower was no problem.Even tilted it and it ran fine until i pull the S/P lever.Then it screams and "grinds".So to end the suffering,i gave it away to some guy as was.The end.

Why didn't you take it to a small engine shop?

mikehouse

Threads
Why didn't you take it to a small engine shop?
Could NOT find 1.Ace hardware fixes them,but all both places had a 2 week hold.Tried another lawn/garden place and they too had a 2 week hold.In the meantime my boss gave me a deal i couldn't refuse.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could NOT find 1.Ace hardware fixes them,but all both places had a 2 week hold.Tried another lawn/garden place and they too had a 2 week hold.In the meantime my boss gave me a deal i couldn't refuse.

I wished there was more guys like you. Just tare into something, give up and give it away. I have people in my area trying to sell me something thats rusting away under a back yard tree, that's been there for 3 years, wanting $100 for it. LOL..
I advice them that the scrap yard gives about $10 for riders (with engines) and you have to load it haul it up there. I'll give $10 and come and get it.
LMAO... Next week, I'll go the scrap yard, and there it will be. HA HA HA HA HA

mikehouse

Threads
Well,truthfully,up until 5 years ago i didn't give a hoot about 'mowers.But once i was GIVEN the Craftsman i was hooked.My giver showed me WHY it didn't run.EXPLAINED how it happened.Then gave it to me after showing me how to fix and prevent.When i can't go any farther myself,it's either Youtube or a shop.IF i can't get no satisfaction then it's time to cut losses and move on.

HarmonySeeker

Threads
I wished there was more guys like you. Just tare into something, give up and give it away. I have people in my area trying to sell me something thats rusting away under a back yard tree, that's been there for 3 years, wanting $100 for it. LOL..
I advice them that the scrap yard gives about $10 for riders (with engines) and you have to load it haul it up there. I'll give $10 and come and get it.
LMAO... Next week, I'll go the scrap yard, and there it will be. HA HA HA HA HA
Eh, it was only a craftsman, anyway.

HarmonySeeker

Threads
Yep, they sell........for $20 on a good day!:LOL:
And so the circle turns.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't be dis'ing Crapsman mowers. Those things are a gold mine for spindles, belts, front end bushings and blades. $$$!?