Repair, Restore, Part out?...Part 6

dfbroxy

Threads
Well guys, I woke up this morning and decided to take the day off and not work on the mower.........So that lasted for one cup of coffee and I couldnt help myself. Back to the mower it was. Thought I better check the fuel pump and glad I did. Carefully took it apart to try to salvage the gaskets and found it full of crumbly white scale. Cleaned and put back and I think it will be ok, fingers crossed because the one place online I found the repair kit is out of stock. I then moved onto the deck. It was pretty simple to remove. All three spindles would not spin. Idler pulleys were fine. Flipped deck over (good news blades looked rusty but brand new). Sprayed WD-40 on spindles so it would soak into bearings. Resprayed every 10 min for an hour and then took a hammer, with a 2x4 on blade and forcefully hit 2x4. Nothing to loose right? Well it worked on all 3 spindles. Just have to wait and see how it works at mowing speed later. What I cant believe is that this grade of mower does not have greasable bearings on the spindles. Still no replies about the size of the Jackshaft kit? I might have to post that seperatly to get a answer. Oh well I have time. Another thing on the parts list that I dont think I mentioned yet is two rear tires. And maybe the front ones too. Almost forgot to mention. More good news. With deck off I crawled underneath to have a looksee. Checked all the hydrolic hoses expecting to need to replace most. Nope. They all looked fine. Well that was about it for the day. See ya tomorrow..........