Mower deck Repair gear box on 48' GHS mower

cabdor

Threads
I have 48" GHS mower deck the LH Gearbox leaks oil.Must be a seal. Has anyone ever replaced seals & bearings in part #5052-1 gearbox? If so was the repair parts hard to fine.I know walker don't show a repair kit for a gearbox. Hope someone can help with this.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is a tag on the gear box. get the numbers off it and post back.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was completely wrong before. Walker does not sale parts for the gear box just the gear box.

cabdor

Threads
Blaznt I plan to tare it down see if I can buy seals and bearings locally. Only thing is the spacing of the gears weather it has shams or washers for this.We will see. Thanks for your reply. cabdor

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The walker gear boxes that I have worked on were made by Peerless gear. there should be either a sticker or stamped into the mounting flange that will have a number on it. the ones that I have seen are H1000 with a number that follows like 057a or something on that order. then search for the number and you will find a parts breakdown, and part numbers for the seals, bearings, gears, etc.

cabdor

Threads
Thanks Ilengine for your reply.. I haven't torn it down yet.But need the feedback which will help. The gear boxes has a sticker on them I did not write the numbers down but will to do the research.Thanks again for your information. cabdor