Export thread

Repair gear box on 48' GHS mower

C

cabdor

I have 48" GHS mower deck the LH Gearbox leaks oil.Must be a seal. Has anyone ever replaced seals & bearings in part #5052-1 gearbox? If so was the repair parts hard to fine.I know walker don't show a repair kit for a gearbox. Hope someone can help with this.

BlazNT

BlazNT

There is a tag on the gear box. get the numbers off it and post back.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I was completely wrong before. Walker does not sale parts for the gear box just the gear box.

C

cabdor

Blaznt I plan to tare it down see if I can buy seals and bearings locally. Only thing is the spacing of the gears weather it has shams or washers for this.We will see. Thanks for your reply. cabdor

I

ILENGINE

The walker gear boxes that I have worked on were made by Peerless gear. there should be either a sticker or stamped into the mounting flange that will have a number on it. the ones that I have seen are H1000 with a number that follows like 057a or something on that order. then search for the number and you will find a parts breakdown, and part numbers for the seals, bearings, gears, etc.

C

cabdor

Thanks Ilengine for your reply.. I haven't torn it down yet.But need the feedback which will help. The gear boxes has a sticker on them I did not write the numbers down but will to do the research.Thanks again for your information. cabdor