Removing starter from Hustler

Eland

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm trying to replace my starter in a Kawasaki FR600V but after removing the two bolts and disconnecting the positive cable the starter won't move. I'm sure I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The top of the starter slips up into a hole in the block and it has probably oxidized and stuck in the hole. Try wiggling it back and forth to try and break it loose. You may have to take a wooden block and put it against the side of the starter near the bottom and tap on it to break it loose. Do not hit the side of the starter with a hammer it has ceramic magnets in it and they will break and ruin your starter.

Eland

Forum Newbie
Threads
The top of the starter slips up into a hole in the block and it has probably oxidized and stuck in the hole. Try wiggling it back and forth to try and break it loose. You may have to take a wooden block and put it against the side of the starter near the bottom and tap on it to break it loose. Do not hit the side of the starter with a hammer it has ceramic magnets in it and they will break and ruin your starter.
Thank you I'll try that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.