RedMax ebz8500 will not start after pressure washing

kenneth2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / RedMax ebz8500 will not start after pressure washing
This one has me stumped. Carefully pressure washed this backpack blower and it won’t start. I am getting good spark to plug. Sprayed starter spray to carb inlet no luck. Disconnected kill switch. One thing I noticed, if I pump primer bulb then disconnect fuel inlet to carb, it was pressurized with fuel spilling out. Perhaps blockage at carb. All wiring seems dry And my spark checker shows a nice orange spark. Perhaps try another plug anyway?

kenneth2

Forum Newbie
Threads
This one has me stumped. Carefully pressure washed this backpack blower and it won’t start. I am getting good spark to plug. Sprayed starter spray to carb inlet no luck. Disconnected kill switch. One thing I noticed, if I pump primer bulb then disconnect fuel inlet to carb, it was pressurized with fuel spilling out. Perhaps blockage at carb. All wiring seems dry And my spark checker shows a nice orange spark. Perhaps try another plug anyway?
Well I am all fixed, pulled carb, sprayed starting spray directly to intake and it ran. Put carb back on and all is well. Strange but at least all is well.

Skippydiesel

Threads
Bluntly - Never wash your engine powered equipment. Might make you feel good but chances are you are damaging the machine.

With due care use compressed air. Only if needed to soften grease/oil build up, spray some cheap light oil (WD40)/diesel/kerosene, before you use the compressed air.