Recommendations for a cart to pull with lawn tractor

Denna

Threads
Regarding a Craftsman 917.288570 lawn tractor, does anyone have a recommendation for a cart that could be pulled ?

The cart should be capable of containing at least 300 lbs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Harbor Freight & / or Northern Tool have "poly dump carts", hold 400 lbs. I bought mine yrs ago & pulled it with my craftsman easily.

It has 4 air filled tires, so the mrs also pulls it by hand doing the (lighter) mulching & gardening.. Was about $59.

possum

Threads
  • / Recommendations for a cart to pull with lawn tractor
I use a 4 by 6 foot trailer with a fold down tailgate. I use it with my truck and my lawn tractor both. They weigh not much and can be pulled around by hand empty. Easy to hitch and unhitch. Will haul a lot more weight than a lawn tractor can stand and that is handy when pulling it around with a truck or car. I haul leaves, trash, appliances , tools, push mowers, string trimmers etc. with mine around the yards with my lawn tractor. Heavy loads I use my truck. A renter hauled a full size motorcycle on it twice. One of the times he went several hundred miles. Wired for lights, 2inch ball, grease zerks on the hinges. The more I use it the more I like it.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Recommendations for a cart to pull with lawn tractor
When I bought my Craftsman Intek for my first ever yard I was inexperienced (2004). Over again I would have bought a true garden tractor with better trans (although this one has not failed), frame , etc. But history...I also bought the light little black cart offered , 250 lbs capacity according to the manual. With that little thing I have hauled tons of yard debris. It is a very primitive setup, but a good buy. The wheels ?ride? on greased spindles (no bearings) but have not been a problem. The paint has held up. My wife loves to have me deposit it where she is weeding and then "lawn-boy" (me) hooks up and hauls it. After seeing her struggle to move it around like a wheel barrow I put on a collapsable wooden handle which allows the user to push the thing around like a rick shaw. I think there is a slightly bigger version in steel.