Recommend a zero-turn self-propelled 21" electric walkbehind? (gas if necessary)

swissvalian

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Recommend a zero-turn self-propelled 21" electric walkbehind? (gas if necessary)
Hi folks, our lawn isn't that big but it is hilly with almost no long straight runs. Would like to replace our aging gas mower with an electric. Need zero-turn, self-propelled. Size 21" would be ideal. Is there such a mower that is considered dependable? Budget isn't a big consideration. If there aren't any electrics like that, I'd get another gas model with those specs. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

jp1961

Threads
  • / Recommend a zero-turn self-propelled 21" electric walkbehind? (gas if necessary)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would recommend a Toro model 20384. To my knowledge there are no self propelled electric mowers. One note, I’m a Toro guy, so may be a bit biased, but right now I feel that it is the best mower out there today.

swissvalian

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for correcting my terminology on zero-turn @jp1961 . Front caster wheels is what I meant and I edited my post to fix. After much searching it does not look like there's an electric like that so I'm now researching on gas mowers. When we first got this house our mower had non-swivel front wheels and one of them broke off after a couple years from being pushed sideways too much. The swivel front wheels made mowing so much easier with the constant turning I don't think I can give those up.

jp1961

Threads
FWIW, most small gas engines don't use pressure oil lube and aren't designed for operating them at much of an angle (they'll starve for oil and have a shortened life). Kawasaki does make a small gas engine that does use an oil pressure system.

Jeff

cruzenmike

Threads
I would say to go with the Toro model 20353 which is a 22" self-propelled walk behind mower with all wheel drive and the personal pace system with traction assist which should be perfect for your hilly terrain. They also make a model the 20355 which is rear wheel drive but has a powered reverse function if you need it.