Recoil starter issue

woodfar

Threads
Have a Troybilt walk behind with B&S Intec motor. Recoil starter would not engage. Wanted to replace and found that it was riveted on. Drilled out rivets and found used one at repair shop. It never really worked right so decided to buy new one. HA! Does not seem to be available any place I have checked. Everything under the cover except spring is made of plastic so another used one seems to be a waste of time. Can this be found anywhere? My Son bought this mower at Home Depot and they are almost as helpful as the big hole in sock ! ! ! Is there a resource for these items? Thanks.:confused2:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have a Troybilt walk behind with B&S Intec motor. Recoil starter would not engage. Wanted to replace and found that it was riveted on. Drilled out rivets and found used one at repair shop. It never really worked right so decided to buy new one. HA! Does not seem to be available any place I have checked. Everything under the cover except spring is made of plastic so another used one seems to be a waste of time. Can this be found anywhere? My Son bought this mower at Home Depot and they are almost as helpful as the big hole in sock ! ! ! Is there a resource for these items? Thanks.:confused2:

I think part no by briggs 498144 is the pulley/spring assy that you need.
On the engine there is a model type and code numbers stamped on the engine covers.
If you ever want to buy anything briggs, quote these numbers at a briggs dealer and you can get anything.