Rebuilding a cheap B&S motor : 8P502 0066 H1

mixotricha

Threads
Right went off on a tangent. Got as far yesterday as finding room in the mill to mount the B&S motor on a right angle plate. Was about to go into it this morning with a fly cutter. Found a sleeve that brought the motor down in volume but would have fit. but after being grumpy at this extra work decided to try something a bit more fun. Why bother with this nonsense when the future is available. So the silly B&S will go into the recycling. Figured how I have gradually moved to a lot of electric tools over the years after various suspicions. Things like the battery trap. But I have been running a Makita electric chainsaw for about a year. Much to my surprise it goes great. Used it to take out some big fallen trees on property. Built a big chicken coop with it. Has got to the point where my misses is even driving an electric car now and she loves that. So I had a look at what it would cost me to just build up a stack of bits out of an existing electric mower from Makita. This way I am keeping the old sprinter mower bed I like and it doesn't go in the bin. Now this mower isn't going to have to do all the property. Is just to get into verges and do corners etc.

1653609761610.png
Parts list available and easy to follow. Really very simple. Parts available here in Aussie. Depending on what is needed I will probably just machine up the base plate of this dead B&S motor to take the electric motor. After costing up the parts to do this came to about as much as a decent petrol banger would have cost me new anyway. If I also add the shipping even a cheap Loncin comes in about the same by the time I add the shipping out here in the rural. Now If nothing else I will learn something new and if it wont go well I can always find some other use for the bits.