Real wheels locking up

dbuchta

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I've been searching this forum for posts about a similar problem, but I have not found it yet. So, here goes my first post!

I own a Honda HRR2168VKA. I've had it for about a year and it probably has about 10-15 mows under its belt.

Anyway, I'll be rolling along using the self propelled smart drive (or not in some cases) and WHAM!!! the rear wheels will lock up. I've seen posts about the rear wheels not rolling backwards, but this is not the case. In fact, once the wheels lock up, I have to roll it back about 3 inches and then reengage the smart drive and it starts cruising along again. I can't think of any reason or pattern to why the wheels are locking up. Has anyone else had and fixed this problem?

Thanks,
Dan

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello. I've been searching this forum for posts about a similar problem, but I have not found it yet. So, here goes my first post!

I own a Honda HRR2168VKA. I've had it for about a year and it probably has about 10-15 mows under its belt.

Anyway, I'll be rolling along using the self propelled smart drive (or not in some cases) and WHAM!!! the rear wheels will lock up. I've seen posts about the rear wheels not rolling backwards, but this is not the case. In fact, once the wheels lock up, I have to roll it back about 3 inches and then reengage the smart drive and it starts cruising along again. I can't think of any reason or pattern to why the wheels are locking up. Has anyone else had and fixed this problem?

Thanks,
Dan

Mine did this a washer broke inside the wheel.

Fix: remove wheels remove metal debris put wheels back on the washer is not even necessary :)

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks,
Dan

Could be a number of things, Dan, including the drive belt, drive clutch cable, return spring, control arm, etc. Since the mower is only a year old, why not let your dealer inspect it? You are still under warranty. You can find a local dealer here: Find A Honda Dealer.

If you'd rather DIY, let me know, and I can post a few pages from the shop manual with some things to check.