Export thread

Ready for winter, yet?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Me, just getting started, I make a long list if things to do about the end of September.

173abn

173abn

got my pool covered up the other day and all the pool stuff put up....russ

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

My big project to get ready for winter is firewood. I didn't do much over the summer but I have a fair sized oak that is now down and needs to be cut up, split, and transported (the hard part in this case).

I enjoy working with firewood. It's really good exercise but just a bit too much if it's 95F outside.

jmurray01

jmurray01

I've still got to put wood protection on the shed and garage, paint the iron gates, put under seal on the car, and a few other little things.

Hopefully the snow will hold off until December and give me time to get everything ready!

twall

twall

I find the title of this thread offensive, JD......:biggrin:

Didn't we just go through this about using dirty words? :tongue:

B

Black Bart

I been getting ready I still need to blow the underground sprinkler system and do some painting on the deck.
I changed oil on everything except my 430 I got to do that before I blow snow with it.

S

Slater

ahahahaha, you would know :wink:

jmurray01

jmurray01

I don't get it ? :ashamed:

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I don't get it ? :ashamed:

I don't either -- it may be a pun. I didn't follow the "dirty words" controversy. Maybe that's why I don't get it.

twall

twall

I don't either -- it may be a pun. I didn't follow the "dirty words" controversy. Maybe that's why I don't get it.

"Winter". :biggrin:

Sarcasm. Me type. "WTF" no good. Un PC. Remeber?

Bison

Bison

No,not by a long shot.
About 3 months behind.:rolleyes:

I'm in the process of building this here shop and need to finnish the electric,put the insulation and sheeting on,install the heater and overhead doors and add a gravel entree pad.I can't afford to have it hired done either:frown:

That is outside of hauling 600 bales of hay home from the field,cutting/hauling/stacking this winters fire wood and sorting my buffalo.
Winter is only 3-4 weeks away.:confused2:

Attachments

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

"Winter". :biggrin:

Sarcasm. Me type. "WTF" no good. Un PC. Remeber?

No, I still don't get it. Jokes aren't as good after they are explained.

I guess I missed whatever you were referring to. :confused3:

JDgreen

JDgreen

No, I still don't get it. Jokes aren't as good after they are explained.

I guess I missed whatever you were referring to. :confused3:

For people who hate coping with cold and snow, winter can be a dirty word.

JDgreen

JDgreen

No,not by a long shot.

I'm in the process of building this here shop and need to finnish the electric,put the insulation and sheeting on,install the heater and overhead doors and add a gravel entree pad.I can't afford to have it hired done either:frown:

That is outside of hauling 600 bales of hay home from the field,cutting/hauling/stacking this winters fire wood and sorting my buffalo.

Beautiful building, I like the color scheme...looks like about a 30X48 that is a BIG shop.

wjjones

wjjones

I have one house project to wrap up the first 2 weeks of October, and then that will be it for the outdoor stuff.. I started installing nor-board, and house wrap back in the summer but it got so hot i had to quit until cooler weather. It got up to 114.5 one day here, and thats when i decided to wait until fall to finish it..

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

For people who hate coping with cold and snow, winter can be a dirty word.

OK -- now I get it. Thanks. :biggrin:

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

No,not by a long shot.

Wow thats a lot of work. You better get some help or you will be working in the snow.
Nice looking shop by the way, I wish mine was that big.

Bison

Bison

Beautiful building, I like the color scheme...looks like about a 30X48 that is a BIG shop.
How about 46 x 70:wink:
Thatta big door is allready 20' wide

Bison

Bison

Wow thats a lot of work. You better get some help or you will be working in the snow.
Nice looking shop by the way, I wish mine was that big.
I'm resigned to the fact that i won't get done,decent help is something one don't get around here,not even when one pays them good money :rolleyes:.WORK is a DIRTY word these day's. :thumbdown:

thanks for the complement

wjjones

wjjones

I'm resigned to the fact that i won't get done,decent help is something one don't get around here,not even when one pays them good money :rolleyes:.WORK is a DIRTY word these day's. :thumbdown:

thanks for the complement

Even down here good help is hard to find..