Raptor SD oil retention kit

ih784

Threads
Good evening,

I’ve got a hustler raptor SD that’s leaking from the parking brake shaft. I’ve seen the instructions online. But, I’m wondering if anyone has any advice in regards to jacking up the read and making the repair? Thank you!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not a hard fix just follow the instructions in the kit. I have done a couple of them.

ih784

Threads
Nice, any advice on lifting/jacking up the mower?

Mr. Mower

Threads
If you are concerned about how to go about lifting your mower, check your mowers owner manual or service manual and it should guide you as to how to go about lifting, jacking up, etc. your mower the "proper way" without causing any type of damage to it.

ih784

Threads
You’d think so. However, there’s very little to know information in the manual in regards to even changing a tire. I’ll place the jack on the axle some kinda way.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where I work I am very lucky to have a lift that is really nice to work from. The only thing I don't like about is the fact that the boom is attached to the main frame of the lift and not on the lift part of the of the lift. Newer versions of these lifts are made with the boom on the lift portion of the lift. Which makes it much better to work from. When I work on them from home which I do on occasions. Due to the fact that I live about 45 miles from work. I would not do this if I lived in the same City. Any way I use a chain hoist to pick the thing up from the rear. You can almost stand it on it's nose. Since the cylinders are pointing up and oil from the crank case can not run into the cylinders. When you do this just make sure it is hooked up securely and chains and hooks are big enough to hold it.

ih784

Threads
I got the kit installed. I was reassured this was a suitable repair by hydro gear. If this doesn’t work does anyone know about how much it costs to replace the three orings on the brake shaft? I understand the unit has got to be broken down almost all the way. I’m just looking for an estimate.