Ran my Leaf Blower with Choke On - Now it Won't Run

MarkF786

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ran my Leaf Blower with Choke On - Now it Won't Run
Yesterday I started my Husqvarna leaf blower; to start it, you prime the gas, put it to full choke, pull three times, put it to half-choke and pull again. But then I accidentally put it back to full choke instead of turning the choke off! I ran it for about a half hour and then it sputtered out. When I went to restart it, I noticed my mistake.

When I tried to restart it, it would run for a few seconds and then sputter out. I tried repeatedly, always with the same results. I let it sit for a few hours and tried again, but had the same problem.

Does anyone know what damage might have occurred by running it all that time with the choke on? Do you have any suggestions on how I might fix it?

I'm pretty new to fixing gas powered engines, but I'm good with fixing many other mechanical and electrical things.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would purchase a new plug, the old ones probably pretty cartooned up. I would think that you should be able to get the unit going fairly easily. Let us know what happens.

slammed

Threads
Yesterday I started my Husqvarna leaf blower; to start it, you prime the gas, put it to full choke, pull three times, put it to half-choke and pull again. But then I accidentally put it back to full choke instead of turning the choke off! I ran it for about a half hour and then it sputtered out. When I went to restart it, I noticed my mistake.

When I tried to restart it, it would run for a few seconds and then sputter out. I tried repeatedly, always with the same results. I let it sit for a few hours and tried again, but had the same problem.

Does anyone know what damage might have occurred by running it all that time with the choke on? Do you have any suggestions on how I might fix it?

I'm pretty new to fixing gas powered engines, but I'm good with fixing many other mechanical and electrical things.

I would start with changing the plug. You probably fouled it out. It is hard to mess up a mix gas machine.

MarkF786

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought a new spark plug, adjusted the gap, and installed it. Sadly, the problem still occurs. It runs for about 5 seconds and then dies.

I also checked the air filter and it looks brand new. I only used the blower a few times last season, and yesterday was the first time I used it this season, so it should otherwise be in good shape.

Any other ideas?

slammed

Threads
Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought a new spark plug, adjusted the gap, and installed it. Sadly, the problem still occurs. It runs for about 5 seconds and then dies.

I also checked the air filter and it looks brand new. I only used the blower a few times last season, and yesterday was the first time I used it this season, so it should otherwise be in good shape.

Any other ideas?

Something could be wrong with your fuel line. I had a old weed eater that would do that and it was because of me letting people use it and they would but the gas back in it for the use of the machine. But what was wrong is the cheap 87 octane gas that was being but in it was making the fuel line soft and it would close up on its self. After I started using higher octane fuel and running oil with stabilizers in them it stopped.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you keep it running if you run it on half or full choke?

possum

Threads
How old is your gas and was the unit drained out before being put away last year? Check your fuel filter, primer bulb, fuel lines etc.