Radius E series Suspension Seat Kit Upgrade

Axe78th

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings, I am into my third month owning a Radius E series. I'm 63 years old with a history of back problems. Mower cuts great but after a couple months of using it weekly, 3.5 acres, I'm starting to have back problems and I think the mower is the cause. I suppose I should have gotten the upper series with the nice suspension seat but blame it on my lack of experience. The "E" seemed like the biggest bang for the buck. At any rate I'm looking into upgrading my seat. The full suspension seat is very expensive. They list a 'Suspension Seat upgrade Kit, Kit No. 126-9868" . Which is affordable. Has anyone ever had any experience with the seat upgrade kit? Does it improve the ride enough or should I just be stupid and get the full suspension seat? Thanks in advance.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You need a full suspension mower and seat. Or have a lawn crew cut it for you. A bad back will bring a healthy man to the ground. No sense in risking it.

slomo

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Greetings, I am into my third month owning a Radius E series. I'm 63 years old with a history of back problems. Mower cuts great but after a couple months of using it weekly, 3.5 acres, I'm starting to have back problems and I think the mower is the cause. I suppose I should have gotten the upper series with the nice suspension seat but blame it on my lack of experience. The "E" seemed like the biggest bang for the buck. At any rate I'm looking into upgrading my seat. The full suspension seat is very expensive. They list a 'Suspension Seat upgrade Kit, Kit No. 126-9868" . Which is affordable. Has anyone ever had any experience with the seat upgrade kit? Does it improve the ride enough or should I just be stupid and get the full suspension seat? Thanks in advance.
I hear you. I had a Toro Timecutter HD 54 and it beat me up pretty good. I traded it for a Gravely with a suspension seat. Big improvement. You can order the Toro/Exmark suspension seat from SLE Equipment.

Axe78th

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought I'd post a follow up. I called my Exmark dealer and explained my issues and to get a price for the full suspension seat upgrade. The seat is expensive, runs around $1000 plus installation. They told me that Exmark is now doing a special promotion for the Radius series. With the purchase of a new mower you get the suspension seat upgrade for $390 and $40 installation. I purchased mine in May and my machine was registered before the promotion began. However they pulled some strings and got me qualified for the special price. It pays to deal with a great dealer. It's being installed this week.