Quirky Relatives

AndyMan

Threads
...nobody seems to post any new threads....

JD - Your comment here reminds me of my brother-in-law, before he mellowed out in his middle age. He used to be freakish about conversational gaps. We would all be sitting around, chatting. If a moment passed in which no one spoke for all of, say three & a half seconds, he would jump up and look around and say "No one is talking! No one is talking!" It was rather amusing, and sometimes we would all just stop and look at him, just to watch him freak out.

He is much better now, mostly thanks to an EXTREMELY patient and loving wife.

Any other quirky relatives out there?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Funny I should read your thread, I'm at my in laws visiting them with my wife and two of her brothers are here, and I just realized I'M the quirky one because I'm so quiet and rarely say anything unless spoken to. Yet on the LMF site I'm always outspoken and making all kinds of comments. Guess you could say I'm the type who hides behind a keyboard lol.

AndyMan

Threads
Yet on the LMF site I'm always outspoken and making all kinds of comments.

Isn't it great to find a place where you feel comfortable enough to be yourself? Some places I go (in real life and on-line) I hunker back and listen, barely slipping a word in here and there. Other places I'm right up there pushing my opinion forward, like it or lump it. I suppose it's some combination of feeling safe enough to voice your feelings, and secure enough in your beliefs to stand behind them.