Mower deck Quest S Mower Deck Lifting Problem

pldouglas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new Exmark Quest S mower with about 40 hours on it. It is a great mower, but it has had to be taken back to shop four times now to fix the link that raises the deck. It is a gold colored, U shaped rod, that continually comes loose from a socket attached to the right and left side of the chassis. The rod is attached through spring pressure and one side springs loose. When that happens the deck is all the way down on the detached side and is unusable.

I can't imagine that a mower of this caliber has a recurrent problem such as this. Am I missing something? Thank you for your comments.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a new Exmark Quest S mower with about 40 hours on it. It is a great mower, but it has had to be taken back to shop four times now to fix the link that raises the deck. It is a gold colored, U shaped rod, that continually comes loose from a socket attached to the right and left side of the chassis. The rod is attached through spring pressure and one side springs loose. When that happens the deck is all the way down on the detached side and is unusable.

I can't imagine that a mower of this caliber has a recurrent problem such as this. Am I missing something? Thank you for your comments.

I would have been contacting Exmark after the second time and see if they could advise your dealer regarding a "permanent" fix!!!