Put in new Radial Ball Bearning.....does it take too long for the clutch to fully engage? (short video link)

TKH12

Threads
  • / Put in new Radial Ball Bearning.....does it take too long for the clutch to fully engage? (short video link)
Folks:

My Honda mower's radial ball bearing was shot. It would "hiss". When I got it apart, you could feel how bad the bearings was so it was time to replace. I was careful to re-assemble in the same order as removed. However, watch this short clip of me engaging the blade two different times. It takes twice as long as it used to. I think it WAS probably like 2 or 3 seconds. Now its like 5. I'm not paranoid, just wondering if that seems right. Not sure why a new Radial Ball Bearing would make it take longer; wondering if somehow I didn't reassemble something in the clutch correctly.

Engine model is the GCV160A0 and this is a Harmony HRR2167VXA.

Thoughts?

Here is the short clip I just made:

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Put in new Radial Ball Bearning.....does it take too long for the clutch to fully engage? (short video link)
Last edited:

TKH12

Threads
So what is interesting is as I mowed, if I hit a taller patch of grass, one that normally would slow the motor and possibly kill it, the engine kept going but the blade slowed. It slowed enough to almost stop but motor was unaffected. So I guess that means I didn't assemble somethign right. It runs; cut my entire yard just fine but blade now slows in heavy grass rather than motor struggles to power through....odd.....

TKH12

Threads