Export thread

Purchasing non OEM parts

M

mechanic mark

If you perform your own maintenance purchase a Shop Service Manual for your equipment & familiarize yourself with it by reading it often. Purchase only OEM parts, if John Deer JD parts, if Cub Cadet CC parts. Post your model & serial numbers along with manufacturer & that will ensure us to help you with correct parts. Part numbers are changing very often & sometimes you can google the part # & it will show up with several part numbers on the correct part. Most importantly, read your Engine Manual thoroughly. Most engines today suggest using Full Synthetic Oil, which I have been using on my 2010 Simplicity Vanguard since new. I use 5w-30 Full Synthetic 48oz. & B&S filter at every oil change. Full Synthetic oil can be used when weather is extremely cold or hot, 0*F to 100*F. I usually purchase Valvoline or Pennzoil at Walmart, 5 qts. for $18-$23. I pray everyone stays safe, healthy, & strong during these trying times along with your families.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

that is very good advice.
stay safe Mark.

R

Rivets

I wish the administration would post a thread like thisp, automatically, to every new member when they enroll in the forum. It would eliminate a lot of problems when we have to ask critical questions before we can offer solutions.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I wish the administration would post a thread like thisp, automatically, to every new member when they enroll in the forum. It would eliminate a lot of problems when we have to ask critical questions before we can offer solutions.
I'm trying to remember if the forum automatically sends a new member a welcome private message, if so, either add onto or send a 2nd one with a request to include specific info, model numbers (not from the hood, the sticker) etc. And that it will result in you getting answer's faster.

M

mechanic mark

that is very good advice.
stay safe Mark.