Pumps and motors VS intergrated

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Advantage or disadvantage of either?
The separate pumps & motors used to be the indication of a Commercial grade ZTR, but the HydroGear integrated trannies are beginning to dominate the market. One advantage to them is that the separates have several hydraulic lines and fittings that can be a weak link in regard to developing a leak.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Advantage or disadvantage of either?

The separate pumps & motors used to be the indication of a Commercial grade ZTR, but the HydroGear integrated trannies are beginning to dominate the market. One advantage to them is that the separates have several hydraulic lines and fittings that can be a weak link in regard to developing a leak.

Advantage IMO goes to the separate pumps and wheel motors, just for the fact there easier to service. They also have a quicker response and are a lot smoother to operate than the integrated version. A few years ago I would have said the complete opposite because that's all I'd ever run was the integrated version but now after running the the pump and wheel motors I'll never go back. to integrated.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Advantage IMO goes to the separate pumps and wheel motors, just for the fact there easier to service. They also have a quicker response and are a lot smoother to operate than the integrated version. A few years ago I would have said the complete opposite because that's all I'd ever run was the integrated version but now after running the the pump and wheel motors I'll never go back. to integrated.

Well...."experience" always gives a more thorough perspective than someone like me that's just repeated what he's heard:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well...."experience" always gives a more thorough perspective than someone like me that's just repeated what he's heard:0)

I'm going to tell you the truth, I never thought there was a difference until I actually switched over to the Grandstand but to me the difference is day and night. Now I've never run the 5400 hydros or the like so I don't really know how they do. Parker is now making an integrated HT series hydrostatic transmission, they a residential, a commercial and a professional model. Check out the video

Parker Hydrostatic Transmission Video DemoParker HT Series Integrated Hydrostatic Transmission

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm going to tell you the truth, I never thought there was a difference until I actually switched over to the Grandstand but to me the difference is day and night. Now I've never run the 5400 hydros or the like so I don't really know how they do. Parker is now making an integrated HT series hydrostatic transmission, they a residential, a commercial and a professional model. Check out the video

Parker Hydrostatic Transmission Video DemoParker HT Series Integrated Hydrostatic Transmission

Sounds like Parker decided that HydroGear was stealing too much of their business, so they introduced an integrated line to compete.