PTO shaft size on older 5hp chipper mulcher

aussielawny

Threads
Thinking of putting a cheap ebay engine on this, anyone know what the shaft size is on these? 7/8"?

Attachments

• IMG_20221218_162904_01.JPG
    IMG_20221218_162904_01.JPG
    815.9 KB · Views: 7

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
3/4 is standard horizontal shaft size for under 8 hp engines .Big possibility that it is a taper shaft also., 7/8 are used in vertical push engines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you post the model, type, date code numbers from the engine maybe I could find out what crankshaft was use and it dimensions. I have a fairly good list with images. Now of course it don't have every crankshaft as it only what Briggs provided me several years ago but then the Power Portal might list PTO size.

I got an idea that the engine is a 5hp engine from your thread title.

Last edited:

aussielawny

Threads
If you post the model, type, date code numbers from the engine maybe I could find out what crankshaft was use and it dimensions. I have a fairly good list with images. Now of course it don't have every crankshaft as it only what Briggs provided me several years ago but then the Power Portal might list PTO size.

I got an idea that the engine is a 5hp engine from your thread title.
Thanks for the offer, it's so rusty that there is no hope of reading it :(
l've been told the blade rotor can be hard to remove from the shaft & can result in damage to the rotor (when they're in this condition) so l'll try that before going any further