Proper gasoline for Echo string trimmer model SRM 225odel

akbryant

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Proper gasoline for Echo string trimmer model SRM 225odel
My owners manual says to run 89 octane gas because it cleans the engine better. But I have heard that non-ethanol gas is better for single-cylinder engines. Any suggestions?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use ethanol fuel in my Echo trimmer and have no problem. I do recommend using Opti-2 oil. Been doing this since I purchased it seven years ago and have never had a problem.

akbryant

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use ethanol fuel in my Echo trimmer and have no problem. I do recommend using Opti-2 oil. Been doing this since I purchased it seven years ago and have never had a problem.
Thanks for your reply and suggestion for oil...

Honest Abe

Threads
89 octane gas is fine; but, if it's going to sit idle for an extended period of time then I'd run it dry and not leave any is the system anywhere. That ethanol crap loves to eats stuff up in the off-season . . ..

tkrotchko

Forum Newbie
Threads
My owners manual says to run 89 octane gas because it cleans the engine better. But I have heard that non-ethanol gas is better for single-cylinder engines. Any suggestions?
Realizing that this is an old thread, I switched to Husqvarna pre-mix about 5 years ago, and it's completely done away with carburetor problems. Yes, I get it's more expensive, but there's something to be said for having equipment start the first or second pull. I would switch back to mixing myself, but I can't find any ethanol-free gas near me.

shurguywutt

Threads
E0 all the way for homeowner use. I rarely have any fuel problems in any of my equipment. But I am also blessed to be able to buy it at the pump! Not all can!

shurguywutt

Threads
Realizing that this is an old thread, I switched to Husqvarna pre-mix about 5 years ago, and it's completely done away with carburetor problems. Yes, I get it's more expensive, but there's something to be said for having equipment start the first or second pull. I would switch back to mixing myself, but I can't find any ethanol-free gas near me.
You can make it from pump gas. There are videos on youtube about removing the water/alcohol if you like experimenting/tinkering.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you don’t use much fuel, it’s more convenient to buy the canned pre-mix.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mix my own using ethanol free fuel and Stihl synthetic.