Export thread

Proper gasoline for Echo string trimmer model SRM 225odel

A

akbryant

My owners manual says to run 89 octane gas because it cleans the engine better. But I have heard that non-ethanol gas is better for single-cylinder engines. Any suggestions?

R

Rivets

I use ethanol fuel in my Echo trimmer and have no problem. I do recommend using Opti-2 oil. Been doing this since I purchased it seven years ago and have never had a problem.

A

akbryant

I use ethanol fuel in my Echo trimmer and have no problem. I do recommend using Opti-2 oil. Been doing this since I purchased it seven years ago and have never had a problem.
Thanks for your reply and suggestion for oil...

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Thanks for your reply and suggestion for oil...
I use 87 ethanol fuel and Stihl synthetic 2-stroke oil. Keep fuel fresh, 30-60 days.

H

Honest Abe

89 octane gas is fine; but, if it's going to sit idle for an extended period of time then I'd run it dry and not leave any is the system anywhere. That ethanol crap loves to eats stuff up in the off-season . . ..

T

tkrotchko

My owners manual says to run 89 octane gas because it cleans the engine better. But I have heard that non-ethanol gas is better for single-cylinder engines. Any suggestions?
Realizing that this is an old thread, I switched to Husqvarna pre-mix about 5 years ago, and it's completely done away with carburetor problems. Yes, I get it's more expensive, but there's something to be said for having equipment start the first or second pull. I would switch back to mixing myself, but I can't find any ethanol-free gas near me.

shurguywutt

shurguywutt

E0 all the way for homeowner use. I rarely have any fuel problems in any of my equipment. But I am also blessed to be able to buy it at the pump! Not all can!

shurguywutt

shurguywutt

Realizing that this is an old thread, I switched to Husqvarna pre-mix about 5 years ago, and it's completely done away with carburetor problems. Yes, I get it's more expensive, but there's something to be said for having equipment start the first or second pull. I would switch back to mixing myself, but I can't find any ethanol-free gas near me.
You can make it from pump gas. There are videos on youtube about removing the water/alcohol if you like experimenting/tinkering.

M

MParr

If you don’t use much fuel, it’s more convenient to buy the canned pre-mix.

H

hlw49

Mix my own using ethanol free fuel and Stihl synthetic.