ProCut S 3 wheel mower

longdistance

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know how I can speed up this mower?? Model H2223K. Also can these front deck ferris mowers be purchased with a 30 or 35 HP engine on them? These mowers are still top of the line for me. They are just slower than they need to be. Local mechanics says the government regulations won't let them speed the mowers up. So does anyone know how to?? I also use the zero turn mower, but I still like the front deck mower better. Hangs on hillsides better and has a cleaner looking cut. Thanks for any help.

gregjo1948

Threads
I don't know if you can buy a new 3 wheeler with a larger motor but, you could buy just a new (larger) motor and quite easily mount it on your machine. As far as speeding up your ground speed, taller tires would do that. If you increase the speed that way, you'll loose some power and it will raise the back end of your mower deck. gregjo1948

BudTuba

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know how I can speed up this mower?? Model H2223K. Also can these front deck ferris mowers be purchased with a 30 or 35 HP engine on them? These mowers are still top of the line for me. They are just slower than they need to be. Local mechanics says the government regulations won't let them speed the mowers up. So does anyone know how to?? I also use the zero turn mower, but I still like the front deck mower better. Hangs on hillsides better and has a cleaner looking cut. Thanks for any help.

The drive pulley on the drive shaft on the transmission might be replaced with one with a smaller diameter. The standard pulley is 4 inch OD of stamped sheet metal construction, but this would require removal of the transmission (a major job). You may also be able to increase the diameter of the pulley on the engine shaft by removing the electric clutch assembly. I do not know the diameter of this pulley or how it is constructed. Speed change in percent will be equal to the change either pulley diameter expressed as a percent. You probably will also have to change the belt length to accommodate the change in pulley diameter.