Problems with Snapper rider model 2809-15BE

rpw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a Snapper rear engine rider with 10 hp B& S model 28A707-0122-02. I chged oil,new spark plug,new tires,new air filter. the mower runs good on level ground but when I go across a hillside (not straight up and down a hill). It cuts off ,pops and stops running. I can usually start it right back but will only run a few seconds unless you return it to level ground. Thanks for any ideas

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things come to mind. 1, float level in carb set too low, but most likely unadjustable plastic float. 2, low oil level sensor shutting off the engine, will it die if you drive the opposite direction.

rpw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Two things come to mind. 1, float level in carb set too low, but most likely unadjustable plastic float. 2, low oil level sensor shutting off the engine, will it die if you drive the opposite direction.

It does have the plastic float,seems to have plenty of fuel in the bowl too. I didnt know about the low oil sensor. It doesnt have to be a very steep grade but I may raise the oil level slightly to see if it helps. thank you for the ideas ( one direction is worse for cutting off)

rpw

Forum Newbie
Threads
It does have the plastic float,seems to have plenty of fuel in the bowl too. I didnt know about the low oil sensor. It doesnt have to be a very steep grade but I may raise the oil level slightly to see if it helps. thank you for the ideas ( one direction is worse for cutting off)

the direction that puts the left side (sitting on the seat) downhill is the worst by far on the engine cutting off