problems with my x500

jbelokur

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a new-to-me x500 with 500 hours. I had it home for about two weeks and the engine for the two cuts that I've done with it doesn't idle well, I figured it was the gas, so I let it run down, and put a fresh tank in it with some sea foam per the container instructions. At the same time I decided to change the plugs. When I started it with the new gas and plugs it wouldn't stay running without the choke on full and would immediately stall out when it is released. I figured that it must be one of the two things that I just did that caused the change, so I put the old plugs back in, and checked the spark on both before reinstalling which was good. I also drained the tank, thinking maybe it was the sea foam. So with the tractor back like it was I put a fresh tank of gas in, no change. I took it to the garage and started looking things over. I found that the fuel filter was cracked, so I changed that. Same thing. It will only run with the choke on and now it will barely run with that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just thinking ou tloud. Could it be possible by letting the tank get drawn down before refueling that you have sucked some debris into the fuel outlet on the tank, and is now restricting fuel flow.

jbelokur

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just thinking ou tloud. Could it be possible by letting the tank get drawn down before refueling that you have sucked some debris into the fuel outlet on the tank, and is now restricting fuel flow.
when I drained the tank, I used a length of tube connected to the filter, it seems to have decent flow. but, I don't know what the appropriate flow rate should be. I also took the hose off the inlet of the carb and turned the engine over to check the pump, and it had good flow.

Last edited: