primer

bobprince

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a b/s engine new carb. primer cover and bulb is good have 2 gaskets on it still wont prime engine is 123k02-0267-e1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More than likely the filter base is warped, not allowing the gaskets to seal. Best remedy is to replace the base.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Remove the filter base and then remove the gasket. Look at the impression left on the gasket. It should be making full contact. IF not then make up a modified gasket using the two gaskets to apply more pressure in the low/no contact areas. Here I usually make up a wedge shape gasket using a little wood glue, sparingly; to stick the two gaskets together.

Also don't over tighten the mounting screw or the base will warp. Torque spec is 45 in/lbs.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had those not work with the double gasket trick. I wind up using a very light coat of The Right Stuff sealant on both sides of the gasket. Let it set for about 20 mins then assembling and not overtightening it. Works with the warped covers too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have had those not work with the double gasket trick. I wind up using a very light coat of The Right Stuff sealant on both sides of the gasket. Let it set for about 20 mins then assembling and not overtightening it. Works with the warped covers too.
All you was doing was doubling the gasket thickness. This why it don't work most times. It takes making wedge gasket as you need to apply extra pressure only the area of non-contact.

Next you come across one these air filter bases that not priming take a closer look at the new gasket contact impression.