Price Files are now getting unreliable

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I usually depend on my vendors price files to keep my system up to date pricing wise. Well today per telcon with my Gardner/Dixiesales sales rep I am not to trust the files anymore. Now it back to having to verifying prices before every sale which is a real pain along with increasing wasted time doing something that should done via the price files. This means 10x the workload compared just past few years.

A good example is what I caught here this morning. My Stens price file was just updated at the end of October. Well I was researching a new item here (u-joint). Found the All Balls sku. Well as part of the research happen to pull the Stens website. Then I pull up my recently updated sku for the part. If had quoted the customer the list price on my system and ordered the parts I would had only made $0.20 on the two u-joints.

This is totally uncalled for vendors and OEMs not keeping the downloadable price files up to date. At least I found out before the Spring start up of repairs. This only because I was complaining about the UPC codes missing the leading zero which made my scanner useless.

Last edited: