poulan riding mower issue

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If parts break down is correct it is a General gear Trans and not a hydro. Check for grass on the trans. Not a big fan of this trans. But I guess they are less expensive than a hydro.
Your looking the PP24VA48 which has the General Transmissions RS800P and not the PP24VH48 which has the TUFF TORQ K46 BT.

PP24VH48 IPL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not really. This is a case where Google is misleading on their search. I almost got suck in too. I only paid closer attention as I done got burned a couple times this year already as had ordered the wrong parts because these misleads. Even my bearing suppliers had linked me to the wrong bearings for a Gravely I was working on using the bearing number. I just happen to have two of the same model in the shop at the same time. The second one had a different manufactured bearings and those part numbers came up with the correct insert bearings. I only accidentally found this as the two mower had a 2mm slop in the spindles that I was correcting. That reminds me that I got to find out why I haven't received credit for the 12 wrong bearings that I returned by their pickup order.

I had to pay extra close attention to model number given as the search included both of them. Most of IPL searches were linking to the other model number. I had to go Poulan website to find the correct IPL. Plus I had switch over to the true model number (96042018500).

Actually once I used the 96042018500 model I got very little on Google but DuckDuck did a lot better. And Jacks which normally does a good job could not come up with the model but DuckDuck came up with a link to the machine that a direct search at Jacks said "Not Found".

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok, problem finally found and solved. i took the deck off and lifted the front end, traced the connecting rod from the foot pedal to the transmission. i did not see anything wrong.
as i was using a neighbor's lift, i asked him to take a look and he found it - a stick about half an inch thick and about 2 inches long lodged vertically behind the assembly of the
control rod at the transmission. it allowed the lever at the transmission to move forward but blocked it from moving back. it took about 10 minutes to get the stick out of there as
it was in just perfectly - i don't think i could recreate this episode in a million years!
mower works fine now. thanks to all who replied.