PLZ HELP!

Threads
my 1995 john deere 345 with a 18 hp kawasaki is leaking like a sun of a gun so i need help like a nw art sugjestun may be and when it starts it backfires

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hope the heck you are not the redneck that called himself repairing the garden tiller that I just straighten out.

He had the throttle lever connected as the choke and had choke connected to the throttle vane crippling the governor. I not even sure he put on the right after market carburetor. Yet the customer was still using the tiller until water in the fuel got him.

and worst is the other one where used JB Weld to hold on the fuel pickup, now the customer got to have a new carburetor as he shorten the brass tube.

oneoldsap

Threads
Leaking what , coolant , oil , or fuel ? 1995 , was the first year of the 345 . 95 and 96 , are they year 345s that you want to stay away from . They had an 18 HP engine with a plastic Cam Gear . Most cam gears would fail somewhere between 800 and 1,00 hours . They replaced the 18 HP with a 20 HP in 97 , and they were a much better engine , with no plastic cam gear . Water pumps need to be replaced now and then . It was common practice at John Deere dealerships , to replace the Cam and water pump , at the same time , in order to not have to tear it down twice , as both parts had about the same life expectancy . I have owned several 345s , and a 345GX (Diff Lock) . I'm looking for a GX , to mount a Tiller on , but good ones a scarce !

Threads
Leaking what , coolant , oil , or fuel ? 1995 , was the first year of the 345 . 95 and 96 , are they year 345s that you want to stay away from . They had an 18 HP engine with a plastic Cam Gear . Most cam gears would fail somewhere between 800 and 1,00 hours . They replaced the 18 HP with a 20 HP in 97 , and they were a much better engine , with no plastic cam gear . Water pumps need to be replaced now and then . It was common practice at John Deere dealerships , to replace the Cam and water pump , at the same time , in order to not have to tear it down twice , as both parts had about the same life expectancy . I have owned several 345s , and a 345GX (Diff Lock) . I'm looking for a GX , to mount a Tiller on , but good ones a scarce !
oil

Threads
Hope the heck you are not the redneck that called himself repairing the garden tiller that I just straighten out.

He had the throttle lever connected as the choke and had choke connected to the throttle vane crippling the governor. I not even sure he put on the right after market carburetor. Yet the customer was still using the tiller until water in the fuel got him.

and worst is the other one where used JB Weld to hold on the fuel pickup, now the customer got to have a new carburetor as he shorten the brass tube.
tthat mighta been me im in howell mi