Ploww on my truck

jay stortini

Threads
How much should I spend on a plow for my truck and what do I want to look for when shopping?
Thanks

Parkmower

Threads
How much can you spend? We use 8' western with ultra mount on fords and chevy. Takes about a minute to mount or drop the plow. No problems on any. Oldest is 9 years old.

Last edited:

jay stortini

Threads
Was hoping I could get a decent one for under $3000 but if I can't get something decent for that I would if a little deeper but of course I would like to spend as little as possible always.

mikeb1982

Threads
look for a used one, we use the BOSS plows and they are awesome. I like the straight blade with the wings. Only go outside of your original budget if you can guarantee you will have a lot of properties. you can always step it up once you are making good money with it. also factor in that you will need to pay a pro to do the install unless you can do it yourself.

nick9882

Threads
You can get a brand new Snow Dogg HD 7.5 for a little over 3k. Complete with truckside. We have 2 trucks with them. They are good plows.

crazyoldtractor

Threads
Wait until summer. I bought my plow truck in July. Its a 1990 k2500 with a 7.5 foot fisher speedcast. I bought the truck with the plow for $1500. I still daily drive the truck and its been great. I see minute mount one setups going for about $1000 here in CT so its really up to you how much money you want to spend. I would say the best deal is buying an older truck with a plow already on it. Now its getting warmer, so the best thing to do would be to get the truck ready this summer. It sucks trying to install a plow and work on a vehicle in the winter.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Plow on my truck

Wait until summer.

Gotta agree, then you'll find better deals.. When something is in demand the pricing reflects that.. Now a plow in summer... Deal time. :thumbsup: