please advice on bagger type blade

The Brain

Threads
30” RER Converted to bagger needs adjusting.shoot3.jpg

my mower 2009 snapper 30"deckorginally nonehigh lift.

Been mowing my ½ acre for six years 4 of which where w/ the bagger I slapped on.hence slapon bagger not designed for my 30” deck if I remember correctly bagger came of a 28”. I wish I took both bagger and blade from donor mower.

the shoot and tube clog up very easy w/ small % in the bag.shoot.jpg

Please recommend what type blade to be using.

I’d like to try the bat wing tips attached to my regular blade.

The local snapper dealer wants to sell me a$40type blade.this isn't this a mulhking blade?gator blade.jpg

here's my blade it has the holes for the wings.newblade1.jpg
Thanks for any advice

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Simple answer is that you need a high lift blade. If there are wings that attach to your blade that will provide additional air to help push your clippings/leaves through the chute and into the bag. You may experience significant blowout of material from the front of the deck.

The Brain

Threads
update: I adjusted the shoot took a bit of trail/error the result is amazing even w/ old 5 year old blade of course the grass/leaves where very dry 1/4 of back yard =s full bag worked excellent didn't even clog the grass/leave mixture.
haven't yet mowed the front there are pine needles everywhere this will be the real test.

I ordered this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Briggs-...Y-_-V1_M1_CA-_-Product_URL&ecc_ord=WJ20187522

but recieved the gator type blade this. mine has the correct size middle hole which is a tad bigger than this image.

anyway she's bagging up grass/leaves so well mite wait/hold off on installing the new blade.
edit: those a$$holes at the local snapper dealer tryed to get $39. +tax for ordering me a $25. blade dam those people are greedy.

edit: not sure what type of blade home depot sent if you search blades for snapper you won't see this gator type blade.
anyway this blade seams a tad heaveier than my orginal will this signifcantly reduce engine power to grass ratio?new gator style.jpg

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suspect that sharp dogleg at the top of the big pipe is creating a road block to the flow. But with real dry material it probably works as you are now seeing. Those baggers are pretty handy this time of year.

The Brain

Threads
yeah: I slide the shoot outward a tad result she 's still bagging fine w/ old regular blade.

this new blade I can't tell which side is up. no instructions or even this side up.dam.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
yeah: I slide the shoot outward a tad result she 's still bagging fine w/ old regular blade.

this new blade I can't tell which side is up. no instructions or even this side up.dam.
The ground (sharpened) portion goes up towards the mower deck always.

The Brain

Threads
OK thanks: I was thinking the image I post is showing the top which is air tabs upwards.

I ordered the new blade from Home depot last week $22.50 w/ tax $25.99 yesterday they increased to $24. today they've increased again $26.04

this is so weird them constantly inccreasing price.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Briggs-Stratton-28-in-High-Lift-Blade-7104196BMYP/306913822?cm_mmc=ecc-_-THD_ORDER_CONFIRMATION_BOSS_STH-_-V1_M1_CA-_-Product_URL&ecc_ord=WJ20187522

what's really weird is the dumass's sent me a briggs & stratton it wasn't what I thought I was ordering. what I recieved was a much more expensive mulch and lift or is this even possible to do both multi and lift I think yes w/ mulh pointed downward and lift pointed upward. what do you guys think.

remember I'm on my 6th season w/ the snapper so I'm learning. I have decided the new snappers RERs at $1400. are turds compared to the older made in USA like my 09.

TB