Peerless 2000 series Hydrostatic Interchange and Repair Information sought.

Dal3

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Peerless 2000 series Hydrostatic Interchange and Repair Information sought.
This is about my mower.
The lawn tractor is Murray M# 465609x24A.
The Transaxle is Peerless Model 2000-002b, I think.

1st Issue:
The only transaxle with a similar number I've found available is "Peerless 2000-006A OR H2000-006A FOR Craftsman DLT3000 917.275820" and it's new.
Will it interchange or adapt?
If it requires adaptation, what are the issues?
I would like to get a good transaxel to put in and I'm seeking referrals for sourcing

I have 2 similar Murray tractors, with separate transaxle issues.
Tractor 1. Reverse doesn't work.
Tractor 2. Slow forward speed.

I hope I can get a trans for the 1st tractor,
then, later try repairing the other 2 transaxles

So I'm interested in getting interchange and service information
I'd appreciate any assistance.
Dale Myers

Last edited:

Dal3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've learned a little more.
Looking at the original option I considered (new from ebay) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peerless-T...260718?hash=item2f02d9562e:g:B90AAOxyeZNTWIDX

Compare this with what at least looks more like my transaxel, (due to the presence of the filler hose.)
https://roms-peerless-transaxle-sup...5195/peerless-lth-2000-002b-003b-hydrostatic#

Looks like the linkages don't match on the 2. I'm copying these images to compare with my tractor. Can anyone help me confirm one of these will work on my tractor or suggest alternative sources?
My house burned I'm in position to adapt anything.
Dale

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have read that an oil change in these Peerless hydraulic drive units can work wonders on these hydros. I did that on my Tuff Torq (different design, same principle) and got three more years out of it. And also have read that the linkage can get worn and out of adjustment and you'll lose the reverse. Might jack it up and actually move the shift lever on the trans. and see if it comes to life.

That deal from smallengines posted by mark is a super deal too. Even has the brake unit. I put this same box in my JD L130 a couple years ago and it's doing a really good job so far. Won't beat this price anywhere.

Last edited:

troy-built

Threads
Well this thread is close but not close enough.