Parts

ruready

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ryan LA28 aerator that is probably around 20 years old. The engine is a kawasaki FE 250D. I was having trouble keeping it running. My local small engine repair shop said the problem is the coil igniter. We have tried to find the correct part but the kawasaki web site says that this part is no longer available and there is no replacement part. The part number is 21119-2143. I have been calling dealers but no one seems to have this part. Does anyone know of another place that might carry this part either new or used or any replacement part that could work?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the spec number of the engine? The ones I look-up is showing a three wire version.

Last edited:

Mower King

Threads
I have a Ryan LA28 aerator that is probably around 20 years old. The engine is a kawasaki FE 250D. I was having trouble keeping it running. My local small engine repair shop said the problem is the coil igniter. We have tried to find the correct part but the kawasaki web site says that this part is no longer available and there is no replacement part. The part number is 21119-2143. I have been calling dealers but no one seems to have this part. Does anyone know of another place that might carry this part either new or used or any replacement part that could work?
Some parts are just no longer being made and the only way to find them is, if someone has new, old stock sitting somewhere.
In reality....if a company made something that lasted forever and made the parts for it forever....they would never sell any new products!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I would imagine that any other Kawasaki igniter will work, is it a single terminal? Igniters are basically an electronic points set that tells the coil when to fire, and people replace points system with similar igniters too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looking the IPL and wiring of the original ignitior it can be convert to a single wire Universal Igniter. But it would changing from bullet terminal to a F56 or .250 terminal.
FE250Dbs05.JPG

ruready

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sounds like there is a possibility of converting to a different igniter. What could I instruct my small engine repair guy do do? Sorry, I am not a mechanic myself.........

ruready

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would imagine that any other Kawasaki igniter will work, is it a single terminal? Igniters are basically an electronic points set that tells the coil when to fire, and people replace points system with similar igniters too.
Do you think part number 21177-2064 would work? It is also a 3 wire igniter...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know about that model in particular but you can replace the module with a mega fire ll moodule on the kaw engines i have worked on with dead ignitors.